Skilled Lawyers for Your Family's Sensitive Legal Needs
When you need to take legal steps to provide for the care of a family member, we encourage you to contact a caring, knowledgeable attorney at our Mount Pleasant, Michigan law firm. We know the laws, procedures and techniques associated with the setup of legally sound guardianships and conservatorships — and we are dedicated to finding the optimum solution for your specific needs.
Veteran attorneys Thomas W. Hall Jr. and Becky J. Bolles both draw on extensive experience in family law, estate law and elder law in helping you make key decisions about the care of a vulnerable adult or minor child. We are familiar with all necessary steps for establishing:
- A legal guardianship for a child under 18 — often for purposes of receiving child support or other benefits, authorizing medical care, and gaining the legal right to take care of other fundamental needs
- A guardianship for an elderly person who becomes disabled and unable to care for himself or herself, due to Alzheimer's disease or another debilitating condition
- A conservatorship enabling ongoing management of the financial affairs and property of an incapacitated adult or child
Filing Well-Prepared Petitions — Contesting Others' Actions — Contingency Planning for Families
We have decades of experience in Michigan probate courts and in dealing with estate-related disputes, preparing us well to offer solid guidance as you:
- Consider filing a petition for a guardianship or conservatorship
- Need to contest someone's unjustified petition to have oversight over another person's personal and financial affairs
- Evaluate legal and practical differences between guardianship and adoption of a child you are caring for
- Develop your own legally sound estate plan to help ensure your wishes are carried out if you become incapacitated in the future
Recognizing that your need to protect another's well-being and finances may be time-sensitive and could be contested by another party, we strive to handle these matters with maximum efficiency. For sound legal guidance on virtually any family or estate law issue, please contact us and begin with an initial consultation.