Experienced Adoption Attorneys in Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Our Mount Pleasant, Michigan firm is devoted to helping families handle legal challenges. One of the most rewarding situations we deal with is adoption. All of our lawyers have experience navigating the necessary steps and dealing as efficiently with any complexities that arise. This is a particular area of emphasis for attorney Becky J. Bolles.
Stepparent, Family, Direct Placement and Tribal Adoptions
We encourage you to contact us for counsel and representation as you pursue your goal of bringing a child into your family. We are well prepared to assist you with your:
- Stepparent adoption — or the adoption of a stepchild for which termination of the non-custodial parent's parental rights may be required
- Family adoption within the 5th degree, in compliance with all applicable Michigan state laws
- Direct placement adoption of an infant through a licensed adoption agency
- Adoption requiring compliance with Saginaw Chippewa Indian tribal law and the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA)
A Strategic Approach and Commitment to Keeping You Informed
Having helped many people complete adoptions, our attorneys will assess your unique circumstances and goals in light of the full spectrum of legal requirements. We are committed to:
- Offering personal, caring attention, keeping you informed and responding promptly when you have questions or concerns
- Dealing as efficiently as possible with essential steps including filing your adoption petition with all necessary supporting documents in place and carefully prepared
- Remaining fully prepared to deal with any appeal or dispute that arises
Whatever your current family circumstances and adoption goals, we can help. Please turn to our longstanding Mid-Michigan firm as you take an important step for the future of your family.